Good show old chap

 Manawatu Classic Motorcycle show 2010

(Click on pictures for full resolution)



It was a good show, and there were more old chaps than you could poke a walking stick at. Seems like a geriatrics hobby to own british these days. There were some nice bikes indeed, mostly stockers, few specials. The Bonny was by far the most numerous model of anything in the show, there was at least a dozen  or more of those.. but they were ALL good.



Only one lonley Norton Commando in 70s orange represented the best British twin of all time.. yes only one! While there was only two BSA unit twins - a late 60s and an oif lightning - and two Rocket 3's, there were plenty of ancient machines.


 I had to concede the necessity of filling up the hall for the show, unfortunately this meant giving some display space to a cluster of modern machines, including a couple of american billet barge monstrosities, a few new triumphs, a couple of new MV Agustas, and even some hideous oriental custom!
The Japanese vintage representation was good however, a bunch of Kawasaki H2s in nicely restored condition, and a number of VMX machines which brought back memories of all the dirt bikes I wanted when I was younger. I didnt take any photos of these, apologies to the Jap vintage fans out there..



The road and race specials were my personal favourites from a perfect Metisse to a JAP engined Zenith, an awesome supercharged pre-unit, and even a norton powered TQ!


The swap meet on sunday was certainly nothing to behold. I arrived right on 8am to find only a couple of other sellers there. Rain threatened, and I figured most of the old farts would be still looking for their slippers and morning paper by that time. The vultures swooped on my vehicle and surrounded me while I was trying to unload, then deciding the carcass was not worth picking, they buzzed off to the next wagon that rolled into the carpark. A few more people eventually turned up, and it rained. I sold a sum total of $80 worth of stuff I didnt want, and spent a sum total of $80 on more stuff! I think the next swap is at Feilding in October? All in all, worth the trip into town and the $5 entry. See you next year!

PS - i didnt get the BSA finished in time for the show. You didnt actually think I would have, did you?

3 comments:

Good show old chap said...

Why I say old chap that, is spiffing bugger arse spiffing good?

Data Center Technician said...

Data Center Technicians install and maintain data servers and network equipment. Their duties include monitoring the day-to-day performance of servers, maintaining an optimally controlled environment for servers, and troubleshooting network and server problems. They may also be required to perform urgent repairs outside of business hours.

whatsapp plus apk said...

Nice post! best headphones under 1000 india